Amazon Gift Card

Friday, November 21, 2014

Clarisonic Mia 2 ("Sensitive" Replacement Head) Review

Disclaimer: I got this product for free from Chick Advisor . Well, I got PART of the real product for free. I was sent a 'replacement head' for the Clarisonic Mia, and a 20% off coupon for when/if I decided to buy the full priced item online.

Photo from www.clarisonic.ca

I don't quite understand why they'd bother sending me part of a product I can't even use, but it was free so I can't really complain... Well I guess I can because this product is useless to me and they should've just saved themselves the postage. I was never asked if I wanted this product (or part of product, I should say)... I don't do many purchases online due to items being hard to return if defective, shipping charges and the possibility of my package getting lost. So that coupon is useless to me as well.

The Clarisonic Mia 2 is so expensive (they average $180 or more) as is, that 20% off wouldn't have been enough to make it affordable for me. I won't be purchasing it anytime soon. This isn't the type of item you can purchase, end up disliking and move on. $180 is a lot of money on a fancy electric toothbrush for your face.

I have however, started using the "replacement head" manually as a mini scrub for my face. I find it lathers up my face-wash much better than my fingers do. And it gets deeper into my pores to clean out all makeup and residue. I don't notice a significant difference (certainly not worth the $180 Price Tag), but I bet with the bonus features the actual tool supplies (such as 300 sonic pulses a minute) it might help a little bit more.
"Sensitive Brush Head"
I have however, started using the "replacement head" manually as a mini scrub for my face. I find it lathers up my face-wash much better than my fingers do. And it gets deeper into my pores to clean out all makeup and residue. I don't notice a significant difference (certainly not worth the $180 Price Tag), but I bet with the bonus features the actual tool supplies (such as 300 sonic pulses a minute) it might help a little bit more.

They recommend you change the brush head every 3 months (yes, just throw it away and buy a new one every 90 days) But for the price of $30.00CAD just for ONE replacement head, there's no way on Earth I'm ever going to buy one for myself at that price. They are offered in a range of textures, I received the "Sensitive" one. There is also "Delicate", "Deep Pore" "Normal" and "Body" brush heads. Each cost $30, or you can buy a dual pack for $46. While I'll admit it's nice to have options, this is one thing that just isn't worth the money to me.

Thanks for the free item, ChickAdvisor. I just wish you'd let me know in advance so I could've turned it down and saved you the postage.

Not convinced and you'd still like to try it out for yourself? Purchase it directly from Amazon by clicking on the image below. Multiple other colours available as well if you purchase directly from http://www.clarisonic.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment