Amazon Gift Card

Friday, May 17, 2019

Product Review: Love Beauty and Planet Blooming Colour Line

I recieved a free sachet sample of the Love Beauty and Planet Shampoo and Conditioner in "Blooming Colour: Murumuru Butter & Rose" from Topbox (In partnership with Shoppers Drug Mart). As per usual, I have not let this bias or influence my review.

The packaging of these products was gorgeous, the floral print was very elegant and eye catching. I found it a tad bit ironic that the entire brand revolves around being good for you and the planet, but the sachets were foil, which is not recyclable. On the other hand, the full sized products are made from recycled plastic and are also recyclable!

The fragrance of the shampoo was overpoweringly floral, with a very distinct rose scent. Although it was a very realistic rose fragrance, as opposed to those artificial rose perfumes. The conditioner smelled more like coconut than rose, which was lovely. The scent filled the entire bathroom and does last on the hair, for a very long time. The scent also lingered on my hands for an hour or so - so if you don't like the fragrance, you won't want to purchase this product line.

The shampoo lathered into a thick foam, making it easy to coat every inch of my hair. It rinsed out quickly and didn't leave any residue. I also found it didn't strip my hair or make it feel dry before putting on the conditioner. The conditioner was very thin, which wasn't ideal for my long hair. It did moisturize my hair slightly but it wasn't up to my usual standard. I did notice less color runoff in the water as I rinsed my hair, so I think the color sealing properties work well.

While I liked the shampoo and would consider purchasing it, I didn't enjoy the conditioner enough to buy the set. The price is mid-range ($8 - $13 per bottle, depending where you purchase), which is fine for the shampoo but the conditioner would quickly become expensive since it takes a lot of product to get the desired results.

I like the brand, and their whole message of sustainability and environmental impact really resonates with me... However, while they claim to not directly test on animals, or use animal testing in their products, Love Beauty and Planet is owned by Unilever, which does test on animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment