Amazon Gift Card

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Shampoo/Conditioner For Uncoloured Hair - 2015 Elle Canada Beauty Grand Prix Reviews

Hair profile: I have 24 inches (root to tip) of medium-brown hair. My hair has natural reddish-blonde hi-lights, and is 100% natural. I have had no dye (temporary or permanent) in my hair during this testing period. My hair is typically oily and I need to wash it every 2 days.



Product 31 (31.1 & 31.2)


Minimum Testing Duration: 7 Days (4 – 5 Washes)
Directions: Apply Shampoo to wet hair. Massage gently into a lather and rinse. Repeat if necessary. Then apply conditioner distributing even through hair. Leave in to act, then rinse.
Cleansing Action (lathers well, amount required, easy/difficult to rinse, leaves a film, etc.): 
*** 3/5
Condition of hair when wet (no tangles, manageable, soft, oily, feels dry/brittle, etc.):
*** 3/5
Condition of hair when dry (soft, silky, has volume, dry, brittle, etc.): 
*** 3/5
Condition of hair between washes (stays clean, gets oily fast, etc.):
** 2/5
Scent (strong, pleasant, unpleasant, not scented enough/too much, etc):
** 2/5
Additional Comments: The packaging of these products is a little awkward, I find them hard to hold onto in the shower. The lids practically pop off when you open the lid, causing a bit of a hassle whenever you open them. I found these products didn’t lather very well, and it took a lot of work to get them to lather up enough to cover all my hair. When it did lather, it was really thick and hard to spread. The product was also hard to wash out of my hair and took several rinses. My hair didn’t change very much after using these products, although I did notice I had to shower every other day because it would get really oily. More-so than normal, even. The scent is very clean, but the scent doesn’t stick around long. Which is good because I wasn’t really a fan of it. 


Product 32 (32.1 & 32.2) 


Minimum Testing Duration: 7 Days (4 – 5 Washes)
Directions: Apply Shampoo to wet hair. Massage gently into a lather and rinse. Repeat if necessary. Then apply conditioner distributing even through hair. Leave in to act, then rinse.
Cleansing Action (lathers well, amount required, easy/difficult to rinse, leaves a film, etc.):
**** 4/5
Condition of hair when wet (no tangles, manageable, soft, oily, feels dry/brittle, etc.):
 **** 4/5
Condition of hair when dry (soft, silky, has volume, dry, brittle, etc.):
***** 5/5
Condition of hair between washes (stays clean, gets oily fast, etc.):
**** 4/5
Scent (strong, pleasant, unpleasant, not scented enough/too much, etc):
***** 5/5
Additional Comments: I LOVE the packaging of these products, it’s very sleek which means it fits on the ledge of my shower perfectly, and the colour is very pretty. These are bottles I don’t mind leaving out on the bathroom counter because they look nice. This set made my hair look and feel thicker than normal. I already have thick hair, but this set made it feel much more voluminous. My hair was also shinier than usual, and the fragrance stuck around for about 12 hours after I washed it. The scent is a mix between fresh and floral, while it is very heavily fragranced I enjoyed that aspect. I found I needed to wash my hair every 3 days with this set in order to maintain the volume and cleanliness in my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment